Since E225 cylinders are on backorder for at least the next 6 months I have been trying to put together a guide on replacement parts availability. In my search I have found that parts in the IPC for the E225 engine have on many occasions changed. When searching the internet, it is really easy to go down a rabbit hole from the original part number in the IPC to the new one on Aircraft Spruce. The real curveball is when I fall on a Bonanza thread where some experienced people provide tribal knowledge of better up to date parts. I’m looking for experienced knowledge on parts applicability and general info on E225 parts retrieval. Some of my specific questions are:
1. What is the best method to determine parts for my current E225-8 if the IPC shows outdated PN’s? One specific example is for the E225 Complete cylinder assembly. In the IPC I can’t find a complete cylinder PN but there is PN 628051A1 for Cylinder and Valve Assembly. When I search that PN I get to the Textron website with no new parts applicability or replacement https://ww2.txtav.com/Parts/PartSearch/PartsDetail/628051A1. If I google “E225 cylinder assembly complete” I come across a continental cylinder application guide. This guide has hyperlinked PN’s for cylinders but is this now legal and accurate for cylinders? https://www.continental.aero/uploadedFiles/Content/Parts/Continental_Cylinder_Guide.pdf. Also, if I get lost in the “google” of E225 cylinders I come across another PN 658600A2 Cylinder and valve assembly loaded. In the description is says that it is for the E225 engine https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/tcm08-14614.php.
2. Does anyone have a guide that shows the progression from old PN’s to new ones?
3. Is there an approved document that shows the applicability of the 4-ring piston in the E225? My engine has 4-ring pistons and I want to purchase new standard sized rings but I can’t find an IPC that shows which ones to buy. There are a lot of links that come up when I google E225 piston ring but I want to determine I am buying the correct ones.
4. How to find old E series engine parts? It seems because of the age of the E series engine new parts are limited to packings and gaskets. For example, when I search for rare parts like a bottom end bearing set there is extremely limited availability and I can only find old parts stock on websites like fresnoairparts.com. Am I correct in assuming that undersized main bearing sets just might not exist anymore or can this be ordered from the manufacturer?
5. Anyone have a searchable IPC? The IPC I have is not a searchable document so it is really frustrating when trying to find part numbers.
6. Anyone have a general document that shows the applicability of parts to a D35 Bonanza? I have a D35 with E225 and electric prop and it is extremely challenging trying to find applicability of engine components/upgrades/props to my airframe/engine.
I’m sure that I will have a lot more questions in the future but these are the ones plaguing me right now. Please see below for a live document for the parts that I currently have information on. All help is greatly appreciated.