- About ABS
The American Bonanza Society serves Beechcraft enthusiasts by sharing valuable safety, technical and educational resources, and by promoting interaction among and advocacy on behalf of its members.
ABS is the premier association for Bonanza, Baron, Debonair, and Travel Air enthusiasts, with 10,000+ members who own, fly, or have a sincere interest in these Beechcraft models.
Because of this common interest, we have banded together to share information and experiences involving the operation and maintenance of Beech-produced aircraft.
Member benefits include:
- Monthly ABS Magazine - Flying information, ownership, maintenance, technical advice, general aviation news, Beech of the Month, events, regional news, classified ads, display advertising and much more
- Technical Advice and Parts Sourcing
- Reach ABS Technical Advisors by phone 5 days a week or search your question online.
- Beech Specific Pilot Training
- The Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency program offers:
- The Beechcraft Systems, Procedures and Techniques Course (“BPPP Initial”) - If this is your first BPPP experience, or you want to refresh and expand your knowledge of your airplane’s systems and how you use them in normal, abnormal and emergency situations, then this is the course for you. You’ll go through your airplane system-by-system, learning techniques and tricks for getting the most out of your Beechcraft as well as operating it in a manner that promotes airframe and engine longevity. The Beechcraft Systems, Procedures and Techniques Course consists of 13 modules you may take at your own pace, even stopping and returning in mid-module. A short quiz at the end of each module highlights the most important points of the program, and is correctable to 100%. Two of the programs—Fuel System and Engine Failures—have separate Bonanza/Debonair and Baron/Travel Air versions, and you need only take those that apply to you.
- The Beechcraft Pilot Skills Enhancement Course (“BPPP Recurrent”) - Expand on what you’ve learned in BPPP with the Beechcraft Skills Enhancement Course. In five online courses you’ll learn advanced techniques for Beechcraft emergency procedures, take a completely fresh look at stalls and angle of attack, review Special Use Airspace, learn tips for using Electronic Flight Bags, and (optional but recommended for Baron and Travel Air pilots) cover critical decision-making for engine failures after you’ve feathered the propeller. A short quiz at the end of each module highlights the most important points of the program, and is correctable to 100%.
- The ABS Flight Instructor Academy - teaches the techniques and procedures developed by ABS’ contracted instructors in over three decades of teaching in Beech aircraft.
- The ABS Maintenance Academy online presentation covers select topics from the live ABS Maintenance Academy. Designed and taught by ABS technical advisor and Service Clinic inspector Bob Ripley, and co-taught by ABS technical advisor Curtis Boulware, the live Academy combines classroom and hands-on training to teach certificated mechanics about common Beechcraft squawks found in ABS Air Safety Foundation Service Clinics.
- Most comprehensive online searchable library of all Beechcraft Technical Information
- Aircraft Inspection Program
- An ABS Service Clinic is a thorough visual inspection, from tip to tail, by our Beechcraft Service Clinic Inspectors.
- Annual Convention & ABS Fly-Ins
- Join ABS at one of our Convention or Fly-In's across the country. Enjoy the comradery of other ABS Members and fellow pilots from all over the world while gaining valuable information at any of our educational seminars!
- Mechanic & Flight Instructor Training
- As a member, you have unlimited access to our online Flight Instructor and Mechanic courses.
- Regional Societies
- Dive into a group of Beechcraft enthusiasts near you, by joining a Regional Society!
- Aircraft Insurance Program
- Need insurance? Talk with Falcon Insurance for all of your Aviation Insurance needs!
- Professionally Staffed Headquarters