PAST WEBINARS ARCHIVE
Click here to view past ABSWeb Webinars.
Upcoming ABSWeb Webinars
ABSWeb #3: Cold Weather Operations in Beech Airplanes
LIVE webinar Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 1900 Central Daylight Time (0100Z December 6th).
PRESENTER: ABS Air Safety Foundation Executive Director Thomas P. Turner
Our Beech airplanes provide utility year-'round, but when the weather is cold there are operating considerations that impact our operations. Learn more about cold weather operations in your Bonanza, Baron, Debonair or Travel Air. Topics we’ll cover include:
- Why preheat is important, when you should preheat and how to do so effectively
- Why it's important to heat the panel if possible prior to cold-weather flight
- Whether engine "winter baffles" are a good idea, and why
- What to look for during your cold-weather preflight inspection
- Tips for avoiding inflight icing encounters
- What to do if your airframe accumulates ice in flight, both in non-ice and "known ice" airplanes
Viewers will be able to type in their questions to be answered during the event. We’ll explain how to do so at the beginning of the webinar.
We'll update the following once we have log-in information from the FAA:
To participate log a few minutes before the program begins. PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED. The program will be archived at www.bonanza.org under TRAINING and then ABSWeb Webinars if you cannot view it live or you wish to review the program later.
Earn FAA WINGS and AMT WINGS credit by completing a short quiz on FAASafety.gov after the program. We’ll tell you how to find the quiz during the webinar. Send a copy of your WINGS completion certificate to email@example.com for 20 points in the ABS AVIATOR program.
Future ABSWeb events include:
- February 13, 2019: Avoiding Gear Up and Gear Collapse Mishaps
- April 17, 2019: Once Around the Airspeed Indicator
ABSWeb is funded as part of the generous bequest of Richard “Dick” Swenson in memory of Sam James, a founder of ABS’ Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program (BPPP).