PAST WEBINARS ARCHIVE
Click here to view past ABSWeb Webinars.
Upcoming ABSWeb Webinars
ABSWeb #4: Avoiding Gear Up and Gear Collapse Mishaps
LIVE webinar Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1900 U.S. Central Time (0100Z February 14).
PRESENTER: ABS Air Safety Foundation Executive Director Thomas P. Turner
"There are those who have, and those who will...." It's seen as inevitable that pilots of retractable gear airplanes will eventually have a gear up or gear collapse mishap. With an average of three such events in ABS-type airplanes each week, it sure seems that's the case. Although they rarely cause injuries, the cost of repairing the results of even a smooth gear-up landing are such that the airplane is often totaled...making landing gear-related mishaps the biggest single threat to the longevity of the Beechcraft fleet.
The scenarios that result in landing gear-related mishaps, however, are very predictable. And that predictability makes them avoidable, if you know what to look for and what to do. Become one of "those who won't" have a gear up or gear collapse accident with the information you'll learn in this webinar.
Topics we’ll cover include:
- Why green lights are the last thing you check to confirm proper gear extension
- The common distractions that contribute to gear up landings, and how to overcome them
- When to extend the landing gear during instrument and visual landings, include base leg entries and straight-in approaches
- The "almost easy" manual landing gear extension technique
- Maintenance tips for avoiding landing gear mishaps
- Indications when it's time to overhaul or replace gear components...before they fail
Viewers will be able to type in their questions to be answered during the event. We’ll explain how to do so at the beginning of the webinar.
USE THIS LINK TO VIEW ABSWeb #4: http://www.absweb.org/4.html
To participate log a few minutes before the program begins. PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED. The program will be archived at www.bonanza.org under TRAINING and then ABSWeb Webinars if you cannot view it live or you wish to review the program later.
Earn FAA WINGS and AMT WINGS credit by completing a short quiz on FAASafety.gov after the program. We’ll tell you how to find the quiz during the webinar. Send a copy of your WINGS completion certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org for 20 points in the ABS AVIATOR program.
Future ABSWeb events include:
- April 10, 2019: Once Around the Airspeed Indicator
- June 5, 2019: Beech Fuel System Maintenance
- August 7, 2019: How to Practice Emergencies, Safely
- October 9, 2019: Checklists, Mnemonics and Flows
- December 4, 2019: Engine Talk
ABSWeb is funded as part of the generous bequest of Richard “Dick” Swenson in memory of Sam James, a founder of ABS’ Beechcraft Pilot Proficiency Program (BPPP).